In accordance with GDPR regulations, this privacy notice explains how I collect, process or store the personal information of my WordPress subscribers.
Information I Collect
To fulfil your subscription, you must provide me with certain information (which you authorised WordPress to provide to me), such as your name and email address. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information if you contact me directly.
Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
- As needed to provide my services.
- If necessary to comply with a legal obligations.
- As necessary for the purpose of my legitimate interests, if those legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests, such as 1) providing and improving my services. I use your information to provide the services you requested and in my legitimate interest to improve my services; and 2) in compliance with my obligations under the WordPress Terms of Service.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
I do not share your personal information outside of WordPress for any reason excepting Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my subscribers, or others.
Otherwise, this data is stored on WordPress, and used solely to inform followers that a new blog post has been published, and to comply with my obligations under the WordPress Terms of Service.
If you no longer wish to follow us, and/or be notified about new blog posts, feel free to unsubscribe.
Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU
I will never transfer personal data outside of WordPress. This data is held only by WordPress.com. For further information see WordPress Terms of Service for more details.
Your Data Privacy rights include:
- The right to be informed about what this organisation is doing with your data.
- The right to access that data – Subject Access Requests (SARs). We aim to reply within 1 month of such requests.
- The right to rectification, which quite simply means the right to correct any incorrect data that this organisation may be holding about you.
- The right to erasure, commonly known as the “right to be forgotten”, meaning the right to have certain kinds of personal data deleted under certain circumstances.
- The right to restrict processing, meaning the right to have the organisation stop using your data in certain ways.
- The right to data portability, which means a right to download the data that the organisation may hold about you and upload it to a different service provider.
- The right to object, meaning you have a right to object to the organisation using your data.
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling, which largely pertains to data used for the purposes of advertising, marketing, and behavioural analysis.
The Data Protection Officer (DPO) and Data Controller for Sci-Fi Kingdom is Sarah Stewart.